Saturday, December 6, 2008

Another great day in Mannheim!

One of the larger units came home Friday. Not the rest of the one whose advance was posted last week, a different one. I know it seems like we have had and will have an awful lot coming home lately. The reality is that about 85% of our Soldier population was deployed for most or all of 2008. So, this is a lot. But it never gets old or ordinary. It is an awesome sight and while it lasts about 5 minutes from the moment they walk in to when they dismiss, it moves me and fills me with joy.

This is an MP unit. Here is a story about their return: 18th . It's been a hard 15 months. 15 months away, and as many losses. The lady in the purple top with the dark hair is a friend and fellow FRSA who has held this unit together in more ways than anyone can count.


Signs lining the entrance of post.




FRSA Erin hands out flags for the arrival hooplah!



I thought this was so creative! The I Love You, Dad is colored in cammo! They usually have stuff in the arrival area for children to do, the wait is often up to 3+ hours. Flag coloring was a big hit.



The 76th Army Band



Sweet baby.


A friend and coworker from old job and her kids waiting on husband/dad...


Here they come!!!


Formed up



National Anthem


Dismissed and balloon release!


Happy reunions!















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just fills my heart with joy!

Amy J. said...

Ok, I'm beyond teary. I'm full on bawling. Happy bawling. Welcome home, soldiers, and THANK YOU!