Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cleared out/Wiped out

We went back out to the land yesterday.  And we worked HARD.  Once we got there (2 hr drive) and got what we needed at Tractor Supply, we got started about noon.  We stopped about 5pm.  This morning, our muscles hurt and we are just flat worn out.  Land clearing is not for the old, out of shape, or lazy (I'm feeling at least 2 out of 3 today!)  However, we are happy.  We had the fire, we had the stars, and we had some awesome grilled hamburgers! (no photo, we were hungry!)

I love the way the inside of the cedars look.  So colorful.


You can almost smell it, huh?

This is kind of a before photo of the area we worked on.  We had actually already started on it and probably gotten it about half cleared, but this is as before as I could get...
So much evil Yaupon














Here are a bunch of sticks I picked up and broke for the fire we would light later.  Someone dumped out my nice pile of sticks to use the wheel barrow.

 

I thought, HEY!  My sticks! They aren't lined up all nice anymore!  And then I decided they looked like fire.  Fire wood.  This made me happy. The strangest things make you happy in the woods.


 Any idea what kind of worm this is? It looked weird and kind of gross.


THIRD pair of gloves.  I ripped holes in the first two, and then managed to get this pair full of cactus splinters.  I couldn't wear them anymore as the splinters were going through into my fingers.  This was the end of the work for me!  I didn't do it on purpose, but I can't say I was sad to be done for the day.

 Us, by firelight.  Creepy how yellow our teeth look!


 The next morning, breakfast at Nana's kitchen!  I was so excited to actually eat there.  Since I've been stalking their Facebook page since before Christmas, I've wanted to see about their lunch specials, but breakfast was excellent! :)


Ya never get that much bacon at Denny's!
Those are some golden yolks, clearly farm fresh eggs!



Almost forgot the AFTER PIC! :)

0 comments: