Monday, February 15, 2010

Hobby Lobby...Trouble's Brewing...

Well...I went to Hobby Lobby today. I walked slowly up and down the aisles. I touched a lot of things. I picked up some things, and I put a few things in my basket (and put a few in and then back out). By the time I left the store my eyes were burning. I have a habit of not blinking when I am shopping. I'm just so focused on trying to see it all and calculate sale prices, add it all up, add tax, etc. This trip was made especially complicated by the fact that I have "gone digital". I started digital scrapbooking about...hhmmm... gosh, it must be a year ago because my first pages were of the trip from Germany to Texas at the end of 2008. Before leaving Germany I unloaded a LOT of paper goods. It wasn't that much by the standards of many of my Stuttgart Scrapper friends, but it was a lot to me. Since I've been back in the states (Aug 2009) I just haven't been able to get in the groove except to do the monthly recipe cards. I really enjoy those and my 6x6 album is completely full (and overflowing). THAT was the reason for the Hobby Lobby trip. But once I was in there, I was just taken over. I had all the time in the world, and just meandered along considering and thinking and pondering and deciding.
What's the trouble, you say? I'm thinking I might go back to paper. And that sad little tiny bag I walked out with held a receipt announcing my budget-busting $48 purchase.
Whatever...it's cheaper than golf! ;-)

2 comments:

christy said...

Don't do it!!

Amy J. said...

Amen - it IS cheaper than golf! I have no advice whether you should go back to paper or not. But if you do... consider: a meetup in OKC for a scrappin' weekend.... Hmmm....?