Saturday, May 8, 2010

Meet in the Middle

So, I was going to post all about my 4 day weekend with my b/f/fs, but then I saw that one of them already did it!

I don't think I can improve upon her post, so go there, read all about it! :)

What I will add, is that I bawled for about 30 minutes driving home. It's not as though I'll never see them again, or even that I have to fly back across the ocean to another time zone not knowing when I'll see them. I'm a 10-12 hr drive (half if you meet in the middle!), a few hours by plane, and always in the same time zone now.

I was sad, though. Sad that they got to drive together and I had to go it alone. and sad that they were going back to my beloved Texas and I had to go to the Wheat State (eye roll).

But of the things I know for sure (borrowing from Oprah), I know that these two that I was a child with, a teenager, a young person, and now a close-to-middle-aged person with, will always be in my life. Always, always, always. So I dried it up and drove back to stupid Kansas.

2 comments:

~C said...

How cute is that header!!?

:( I tol' you to fly to Austin and you could drive with us. No matter...KC kep' dozin' off.

We'll just have to make it a regualr thing. As long as you're not out of the country ;-)

Heather and Stephen said...

:) Deal! and that'll be some drive in July! Gots to get plannin' on that!