Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Heroes of the Silent Ranks


There are a few people in every situation you face that make you feel a little less alone and enable you to have a little more of that "if you can do this, I can do this" spirit. My newest hero of the military spouse life is Mollie Gross.

Go ahead, Google her and watch a couple of her youtube videos. She's hilarious! She is a Marine spouse, and a stand up comedian. When her husband deployed the first time, she took some classes and workshops, perfected her craft, and now she tours around making the rest of us laugh at things that at times might make us cry.
She came to give the closing remarks at the Ft Riley Women's Conference, and that evening did her stand up show. It was the best $10 I've spent in a long time. And that was dinner AND the show! I also bought her book and cd (because I wanted them and because I'm all about supporting another military spouse!)
Thanks, for the laughs Mollie!

0 comments: