Monday, January 31, 2011

The Difference

I'm home early from work again, and I have tomorrow off. This sounds like a great start to the week. Ordinarily it would be, but of course this is the week that I have a lot to take care of at work and not a lot of time to do it. I did bring some work home, and will do what I can from here. But that's not the point.

The point is...it isn't snowing today. It will tonight and tomorrow, and that's why we're not working tomorrow. But today it is ice. Let me tell you about some ice. It's bad enough that I'm straining every muscle in my legs, feet and abdomen to stay upright and not bust my butt on the pavement. Then I get to scrape the windshield and side windows. The scraper comes with a claw end.
This is not my ice scraper, but see how one end has sharp points? Mine is like this. I didn't realize until this year, the last time we had ice, but even more so this time that you have to use that on the ice. You cut the ice with it, and then put the scraper side on it and it is only then possible to scrape it off. So, you try to get a decent foothold in the parking lot, but mostly you scrape/slide, scrape/slide all the way around the car until you can see well enough to get out on the road.
I thought I hated the snow. Turns out, I hate the ice more!



0 comments: