Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011

wow. 2011. 1.1.11. I resolve to get through this year! :)


Kidding. I resolve a few other things, and in doing so, here is last year's list to compare:
So, here goes:
1. Lose the Wedded Bliss/Living in Germany/Moving Back to America weight and be healthier.
**Haven't exactly done this. Have worked on it, though!
2. Be flexible, but also firm with things that matter to me.
**I think I've pretty well done this. Maybe I should have been a little more firm with Stephen's superiors regarding the whole deployment thing.
3. Tell people what I want instead of expecting them to read my mind and act accordingly.
**Probably could work a little harder on this. My usual MO is to not say something TO a person about how I'd like something to be but to tell others how it isn't like I'd like. Not a good way to get what I want.
4. Change my Facebook profile pic weekly, and always have someone beside me in it that I love.
**I think I did this for a while. And mostly put pictures of me and Stephen, but then I got all sidetracked putting Jem of Jem and the Holograms and a bunch of just me and one of a painting. The more I think about it, this isn't a good resolution. Who cares? I'll just put whatever I put whenever I put it. This doesn't even make sense! I must have been just trying to come up with resolutions!
5. Do #4 (and other little things) to keep me mindful of all the people in my life that I love and who love me.
**Look, I even stretched it into TWO resolutions. Modifying this one to read simply: Be mindful and in touch with people I love and who love me.
6. Scrapbook
***yeah, yeah, yeah...still would like to do this. We'll see.
7. Work with husband on money matters.
**Totally did this! I'm doing all the household budgeting and bill paying now that he's out the country! And doing a pretty good job of it if I do say so myself. Go me! :)
8. Only buy, keep and do things that are beautiful, useful or bring me joy.
**Doing a pretty good job of this.
9. Accessorize
**CHECK!
10. Laugh, Live, Love
**Yes, as often and as passionately as I can!
That's all I've got for now, but I reserve the right to change, modify, add, delete, steal from lists of others. :)
Happy 2010!

SO, this year:
Lose weight, always with the lose weight! (and be healthy!)
Flexible but firm
SAY what I want
Love my loved ones
Scrapbook (?)
Be money wise
Accessorize and add lip gloss if not lip color!
Live, Laugh, Love!

AND fill this year with good things not wallowing in Stephen's absence. (This was my October resolution when he left)

Have a wonderful, prosperous, gentle, strong, hopeful and happy new year.


0 comments: