Sunday, April 10, 2011

What's in a Day?

I'm freaking out.

I just got a skype message from Stephen:
UPDATE: There is a possibility that I might be going straight to Kuwait with no layover. That would possibly mean that I would be in the US on the morning of the 12th, not the 13th. We can talk about it tonight. --noon KS time

That's 3 hours for me to look at flights, look up my hair/tan/eyelash/nail salon and see about moving some appointments, and repeatedly count days, ponder the possibilities, and just generally freak out a little bit until we get to actually talk.

What's to freak out about? So what if he gets there on the 12th, I'll be there the 13th! Is it really worth the time, energy and expense to move or cancel hair/tan/eyelash appts to the previous day (my esthetician is off Mondays, so that's going to cause a big ol issue) and then try to change my flight? I can't check into any of this because everyone is closed Sunday.

My rational side says, "just leave it alone." My heart says, "get there! Don't miss ONE SECOND with him!" If we only get 14 days out of the year, I hate to miss one. Maybe he will want to sleep a while when he lands from the half way around the world travel. I'm going to wait very impatiently for him to return to his room and tell me what he thinks is best.

And a lot of people in the Army community said that it would be very difficult to plan around the uncertainties of meeting somewhere, but I don't want to hear one "I told you so". I think 13 days together in paradise might just be better than 14 days together in stupid Kansas.

So there.

0 comments: