Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back to Soldiers and Families

I got my old job back!! Actually, I got my friend, Rebecca's job. She and her husband PCSed. I left the battalion in October, for what I thought might be greener pastures. More $, a permanent position, etc. But as the Command Sergeant Major at 72d said, the grass is not always greener, and I miss the Soldiers and Families and the feeling that I am daily helping others to feel comfortable here, to thrive in Mannheim and in the military. So when I found out that the FRSA (Family Readiness Support Assistant) positions were going permanent instead of term, I went for it. I got an offer today, and told my current supervisors I will be leaving. I hate being a job hopper, but I know I should have never left.

4 comments:

carrmomma said...

Hmmm...

PCSed
Problem Command Senter (as in sent to)
Put on the CurbSide
Partied Causing them to Skeedattle

And yea! the job and don't do that PCSed thing. Or maybe do do the PCS thing if it means you get to come home.

Heather and Stephen said...

hahaha, love Partied Causing them to Skeedattle. :)
Permanent Change of Station is PCSed. And I will...in 466 days!

Kris said...

I am so happy for you!!! Hugs from Texas!

JBBGirl said...

That is AWESOME news! So happy for you Heather!