Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunnin Saturday

I was outside a long time yesterday. It was GORGEOUS! I mowed the lawn, did some weeding, etc. I've been eyeing this flower for a while (see previous post) but I wanted to see it from beneath. See how the little bulbs make like bells? it's a Grape Hyacinth, and I picked this one so I could turn it upside down adn see it. It also smells REALLY good.


I spent a very long time, probably an hour laying on this mat. What an investment! I think I paid less than $5 for it. When Stephen and I were in Florida, the month before we got married, I found it at a store right by the smoothie place I visited each morning. It might be my most treasured summer item.

Here it is close up. See the absence of bugs on it?
This is my view, laying on my stomach. See my top-o-the-head ponytail? Yeah, I was trying to get a picture of the 1 million ants crawling all over the yard from my ant-less island.

Another picture of the grass. I wish you could see the ants! I even took a couple videos, but I won't waste my time or yours on ants that ARE there, but that cannot be seen.

This is the view (to the side...straight is directly into the sunlight) I love this tree and how the branches are curly at the end.
Nothin' but blue skies, do I see.

And when I'm done, shake it out and fold it up into a nice little carry bag. :) LOVE THIS MAT!

Have a sunny blue sky day. :)

0 comments: