Monday, May 25, 2009

Unsettling

Or maybe just plain weird.
Twice now, our landlady has come by and let us know that a realtor will be showing the house. Twice now, it has been "in a few minutes." Like less than 20. We don't live in squalor. However, just now, we had to pick up some things (remember, we are also in the middle of packing our house) I had to drain the tub because I was doing a little pedicure for myself, we threw some clothes in the hamper, some dishes in the sink and stacked up some things that were being sorted in piles.
The last time this happened, we were quite literally sitting down to eat dinner. It was 6pm. In fairness, they eat dinner (of hard bread, butter and some cold cuts/scary meat) at about 8-9pm, so it probably did not occur to them that we might be about to eat. No big deal, we just ate while the people were touring the house. They have been very nice about it, but it's still irritating. Maybe a day's notice? Would that be asking too much? An hour, then? I dunno.
Whatever. We're out this house in 63 days!

3 comments:

Facebook Freak said...

Here's my two cents: unless you've already made some agreement with the landlady, I'd tell her that unless you get an hour's notice, she gets what she gets: a house that's messy because you're sorting and packing. After all, it's not like you care if the house gets rented, right? You're leaving no matter what!

I know that's not very nice, but neither is showing the house "in a few minutes."

Amy J. said...

I agree with Mary A. Screw 'em! ;-) I love your countdowns on FB, and I LOVE the clock you installed on the side of your blog! Wish it had been there the past 2 years - would have saved me a LOT of counting on my fingers!!

Love you , can't wait to see you!!

JBBGirl said...

WOO HOO! Countdown is getting closer!! Yeah that does stink about the Landlady! I think a day's notice is more than fair, considering. Geesh!! BTW...I love the picture on your blog header. Beautiful!!