Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Beginning of a Long Year

Today SB left for a year long deployment. I think I've done well with it. I mean, since he's been gone a whole 12 hours. I sat down to write this post, only to find that I don't really know what to say. So, here it is in pictures:

Kitty thinks maybe she can help out. "Can I go?"
Fooling around, getting in formation and being called to attention for the last time on Ft Riley.
I think this Soldier's gear and weapon are almost bigger than she is!
At ease. The Command Sergeant Major and Battalion Commander give a short speech to the Soldiers and Families.
After a talk about what lies ahead, and a confidence boost in the explanation that these few were hand chosen to go ahead of the larger group to prepare the way, they make their way to the bus.



This is my last in person look until R&R leave. I'm glad it's a happy one. I love you. mwah.

2 comments:

Mabel said...

I'm so happy that you're blogging again, and I LOVE these pictures. The last one of SB on the bus made me cry. But just a little.

Heather and Stephen said...

It's my destop wallpaper now. Most times I see it it makes me smile. Occasionally it makes me cry. Just a little bit. :)