Monday, November 22, 2010

Touchy, Touchy!

Usually when I feel strongly about something, but I know where I stand and don't need agreement from anyone else, I'll just keep to myself about it. I'd rather you think what you think while I think what I think and have all that messy confrontation business avoided. I don't need to try to make you think the way I do because what you think doesn't concern me.

However, when someone's different thinking is going to have a direct impact on my life, I'm going to have to say something. So, here it is...

If you want to "opt out", go ahead. DRIVE YOURSELF or don't travel by air. Don't be holding up my security line because you are afraid the TSA agent is looking at your boobs on the screen or going to touch your crotch in an allegedly inappropriate manner. Or worse, you are trying to make a statement. Make your statement by NOT using the airlines at all. That only punishes the airlines, not the other customers.

I just went on a trip that involved 4 flights one way, and 3 the other. At one of the checkpoints I had to "endure" the pat down. I wasn't wearing another shirt under my hooded sweatshirt, so there wasn't the option of removing it, so the security agent asked if I'd consent to a pat down. Sure, whatever, as long as it doesn't make me miss my flight.

She explained in great detail EXACTLY what she was going to do with the BACKS of her hands, and repeated it on her way. Seriously. I've been groped far more inappropriately by someone who was falling and reached out to steady herself. Maybe she was doing it wrong. Maybe she should have been much more invasive and maybe someone has been and that's what all the ruckus is about. I don't know.

I just know that when you live in the middle of nowhere and you need to get outta town, the last thing you need is someone holding up the line trying to change the world back to "what it use to be". Do that on your own time, please.

Besides, that's more action than I've gotten in, oh...about 7 weeks otherwise! ;) (kidding, babe!)

1 comments:

Mabel said...

You said it, Sister! So easy to avoid airport security if you so choose...just stay out of the airport. No one is forcing anyone to fly.

XOXO...hope to see you soon!