Thursday, March 10, 2011

Redeployment Wardrobe

So, let's start with the word "Redeployment". Yes, I know it sounds like they are leaving again. It doesn't mean that. It means they are coming home from a deployment.


Now, on with the topic at hand. The wardrobe. They all do it. I'll do it. One told me she changed clothes 10 times trying to find the "right" outfit. This was days before the actual return because that would be disastrous on the DAY OF! There would need to be another shower, hair doing and makeup application! The spouse of our highest ranking officer in the unit said today she might see about finding a new top. She's done this MANY times. You just want to look your VERY best the first time you see him since R&R. It's a big deal and I get that. It will be a big deal to me.

What I don't get is wanting him (and the other few hundred people there to see your boobs before you can even get him home! These are relatively mild examples.









And this one's sporting boobs AND some serious Gothic attire w
ith her Goth friend!











Save the bra for the house!







Also, please do not wear your pajamas!

Yes, I know that this is a child. But she is too old to be wearing pajamas in public, and this ceremony was not in the middle of the night (it was at night, but not the middle of the night. She wasn't asleep and then dragged out of bed to attend.)

This photo will be important in a later post.





Some other very troubling things I saw, I am sure are on display on babies around the world at other times, but I haven't seen this many babies in this short a time...maybe ever!













Your child is beautiful. STOP distracting people with giant bows, puffs and wads of tulle and Army Combat Uniform material!

Ok, that's the end of the wardrobe rant.
I, of course, will be wearing the perfect outfit in October! :)

PS-I love this little one's outfit. There are a lot of kids dressed like this. I like it. :)

1 comments:

Amy J. said...

Ginormous baby bows make me want to puke. But I loove the little dude in his Army fatigues!