Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Next Phase

20 weeks. May to October. Its really just around the corner.


Some say the second half of the deployment is harder. Others disagree. And then there are those who ride the fence saying that it all depends on when you take your R&R leave. But even then, I have talked to people who say earlier is better, some say it depends on the season, some wait until the last possible second so there are just a few weeks left before the Soldier's return.

Much like beauty and its beholder, surviving is in the eye of the survivor. Why does that make me want to sing Eye of the Tiger?! Or I will survive? Anyway, I am off track (spoken in GPS lady tone of voice).

We have 20 weeks left, and I think we're going to make it. I do think the season matters. It's summer! No more scraping windshields, no more trudging through snow, no more excessive layering and coat wearing. It's just freer, more comfortable, happier.

PLUS, I have a lot of Hawaii photos to scrapbook and that should keep me occupied.

1 comments:

Peanut Stitches said...

I just found your blog! We are going to Hawaii for my husband's R&R in Septemember. I could really use any and all advice that you could give! We want to do Kauai and Oahu! rjmro@yahoo.com if you wouldn't mind!!