Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day Two - Favorite Movie


Your favorite movie - Grease, of course.


I love the movie. I love the soundtrack. I loved it in German! I loved it at 8, 18, 28, 38, and I'm sure I will love it at 48. As horrible as it was, I even kind of loved Grease 2. That's a lotta love for one movie.

I think it probably seems a little silly. I like a lot of other movies that are more grown up/mature. The Shawshank Redemption, Runaway Jury, Steel Magnolias, all of which have come up on a recent Facebook challenge, but there is something special about Grease. I always wanted to be Olivia Newton John. I wrote a letter to John Travolta in 3rd grade. Got a postcard back in 6th grade. It's how I always hoped high school would be. It wasn't, but that's what movies are all about. Living a little bit in the not-so-real world. And being able to sing along!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made me smile that you wished hs was like Grease.
It kinda was, there was smoking and fun costumes :-)