Thursday, September 20, 2007

Crazy wonderful fun tired hectic exciting times

Again...I am not posting with my usual frequency. Because again I am just not so near the computer all the time. Last night we had a battalion craft night. We had 7 ladies, the commander for a little while, 2-4 kids at any given time, and a dog all in my office! It was a whole lotta fun, and we figured out how we will handle the expanding group as we invite the rest of the community, namely the spouses with deployed soldiers.
In other news...Hooptie has suffered some sort of sickness and is at the car doctor as we speak. If it is too terribly costly to repair, we will just junk it and go on with our lives remembering her fondly. She is 8 yrs old w/ 318,000+ km, and is just not worth putting a lot of $ into.
This doesn't have to be terrible news. Because starting Oct 1, I will be in a new position, which is permanent (as much as anything can be in the military!) and it is on the same installation as SB, so we can carpool more easily. This isn't to say there won't be times that it is inconvenient to have only one car, but we will be carefully weighing our options where transportation is concerned over the next few months.
Also, I got a performance award! A little bit of cash which is always nice, but what I was especially excited about was a FULL WEEK of paid leave! This is good as I didn't have any, and now I don't have to be worried about taking some of the 4 day weekends to travel here and there. :) yaye!
The downside is that things have just started really moving along in my first and beloved to my heart unit. I have assured the FRGs, my friends, and my battalion family that I will still be around and they have assured me that I am welcome there and always will be part of their family. So, I am sad to go, but excited at the challenges and new experiences with the new job.
It is an administrative assistant position in the budget/leave department at the command headquarters of our base. Exciting stuff! I'll be back here sometime soon...right now SB has some homework, and I have some laundry to do!

2 comments:

carrmomma said...

Yaye you! I love that you are doing what you love - which is helping people and making the world a better place. You could choose to stay home and keep the house clean, but instead, you decide to get out and make a difference in the lives of women and families that need you! I am so so so proud of YOU!

Kris said...

Congrats!!!!! You will do great and bless many in this new position!