Saturday, September 22, 2007

WE'RE GETTING A DOG!!! kinda...

Oreo's mom is going to the states for 3 months, and we are going to keep Oreo! :)

I was looking through the paper, and saw a lot of "can you take/foster my dog/cat for 15 months while I deploy/forever because I am PCSing/etc?" type ads. I emailed several of the ads, eager to help out with Soldiers and Families with some unique pet needs. Well, of the several I emailed, I heard back from a couple who had found someone to take care of their pets, and a couple didn't answer back. The one lady (Oreo's mom) was so excited to hear from me, and had several people call her, but wanted her to pay apparently an insane amount of money. She is going to the states for a 3 month visit (I think her Soldier is deploying and she is going home for the holidays). It is really the best scenario for us, too because we (I) am wanting to have a dog, but not at the expense of traveling and having to haul it home and whatnot. This will be a good fix, and we'll be helping her out. I'll post pics when we get her. Mid October. She is a black lab/border collie mix!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lab/border collie=hyper!
That is so sweet of you to help them out like that. It sounds like you were made to be a DW :)
love you

carrmomma said...

Yaye yaye you! Another reason to be so proud of you! Always taking care of others!

BTW, what's a DW?

Heather and Stephen said...

I had to ask. It's Dependant Wife. But they don't say that anymore. I think they decided it sounded bad, so now they say Family Member. And capitalize it so everyone thinks they are really appreciative and know how important families are!
and don't toot my horn too loud. I'm being selfish at the same time. I really want a dog. So it works out great for both of us. :)

Kris said...

AWESOME!!!! Send pictures!

CG said...

I am so happy to hear this. Life is just richer with animals!