Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Random notes and Ipod reflections

Random subjects I've thought "well, that's too insignificant to put on the blog":

Mole Rats. Naked ones to be exact! Google the naked mole rat if you want to see the grossest thing I've ever come across.

Fergie. The singer. Does anyone else thing she is kind of weird looking?

Got some lotion in the mail. (thanks mom!) If you've ever read Good Housekeeping (I think is the magazine) you may know that they do an "a-ha use" for things. ie-static cling sheets. Intended use: to keep static cling from clothing. A-ha use: collect dusties in a hurry. Stuff like that. WELL, (back to the lotion) the bottom was cracked on one of the plastic bottles. It was split right across the bottom/front side. Toilet paper: Intended use: well, you know. A-ha use: turn a lotion bottle upside down, set in TP hole for holding. :)

Giant breakfast, tiny points! I've been following the Weight Watchers plan lately. Healthy foods, water, and been walking in the mornings. Today I ate french toast for bfast. 3 slices light wheat bread, 1/2c egg beaters, Walden Farms sugar free syrup. 3 points. If you are unfamiliar with the plan, I get 24 ponts per day. I usually try to get most veggies and fruits in during the day. And I'm on my 2nd bottle of water (at 9:47am)

AFN right now…FAME!!

This morning's ipod notes:
1973-James Blunt - This song will always make me think of over here. AFN played it constantly for a while, and then I was singing it one day and SB said he had never heard it. I couldn't imagine. "Yeah, you know the song…something something in a club something Saturday night…and I call you up in the morning light and you say…HERE WE GO AGAIN" <--singing that part loud because I really know it… Eventually he did hear it, but had not at the time. As he stated repeatedly.

Some Say-Rascal Flatts-This is just a good upbeat walking song. About a young couple that some say they are crazy, but they are making it, together. I forget about them a lot, but Rascal Flatts is probably in my top 10 country singers/bands.

Ladies Night-but not the real one, some cover tune I got off iTunes. But I really like it. Makes me think of Lori, Debbie and Patti!

Please, Mr. Please-ONJ. It was all I could do not to belt this song out walking down the main street (not Mainstrasse, but the actual main street. Gordon street of Burstdadt) I was listening really closely to the clear sweet sound of her voice. She is the very best! I remember teaching Kimberly the words to this song in the swing in her backyard. She was about 4. Maybe younger because I know she was saying "peas Mister peas".

Jesse James- Cher. Love this song. I remember having the cassette single. This on one side, Turn Back Time on the other. Loved it!

All the lovin' and hurtin'-LeAnn Rimes. This is not a good walking song, but it came on just as I was turning back on to our street, so I just let it play. I really like LeAnn Rimes, I just like the rest of the songs on the cd better.

And there's 20 minutes of walking! Truly, the ipod is what got me out of bed this morning. 5 o'clock comes terribly early!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fame! I'm gonna live forever...!
I wonder if they have it on netflix?
I'm all into writing aggregate, blog posts lately.
There's nothing going on and with the boys sick, they're not doing anything worth talking about. I gotta get me one of them i-pods.

Amy J. said...

Good for you and your iPod walking! You mentioned "If I could Turn Back Time" on the flip side of the Cher CD - this cracked me up because it reminded me of the Will and Grace episode where Cher is trying to teach Jack how she sings it and he keeps going "If I could turn back Tah-o"!

Kris said...

AH the ipod the only way I can excercise for sure! WW me too! Gotta love those points! have some good recipes if you want them! Hugs! Great running song...journey...Don't stop believin!