Friday, February 1, 2008

MySpace, Facebook, etc

I just don't really get it. I have a myspace and a facebook page. And I have some "friends" on them. (all real life friends!) But I am TERRIBLE about signing on to either and posting comments to my Friends' pages. I don't get the point. My thought is that if I want to tell them something, I'll just send them an email, or put it on the blog, which the majority of people I want to know things visit. I am not of this myspace generation. I guess I'm just old fashioned that way.

I love this article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,1809647,00.html
Some of the comments at the end of the article are also funny.

http://blogs.honoluluadvertiser.com/index.php?blog=5&title=too_old_for_myspace&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

4 comments:

Amy J. said...

Yeah, I'm the same way. I don't usually leave myspace comments, unless someone has already left them for me. I'm not even sure why I made a ms page - other than some girls at work talked me into it!

Anonymous said...

you know i abandoned that idea. too hard to navigate. i just joined a similar snappville community deal for texas homeschoolers. almost identical to ms, but with tons of ads. and still hard to navigate.i'll just keep my blogs, tyvm.

JBBGirl said...

Thanks so much Heather for you comment on my Blog. That was really kind of you! I had to take a look at yours just as well and I really enjoyed it also! I will make sure to keep in touch with you! Thanks again for stopping bye. You are welcome anytime! HUGS!
Jessica

CG said...

Something about Myspace has always turned made me feel weird. It does have a "for teenagers" feel to it, though I don't know why that is exactly. Greg has a MS page. He gets friend requests from a lot of "exotic" dancers. The whole thing just seems a bit skanky to me. Plus the ads are a real turn-off. I have never even heard of Facebook. Shows you how cool I'm not.