Sunday, February 10, 2008

2nd trip to Feldberg

We went back to Feldberg this weekend with Outdoor Rec. If you are counting, that is 3 trips with them. We will take one more because it is buy 3 get one free!

We had excellent weather, I MEAN BEAUTIFUL! It was near 50 degrees, not snowing or sleeting in faces or eyes, and not crazy windy. The snow was very packed, and that proved a little difficult for me. I did pretty good, but was scared and in pizza position most of the time.


Good news: I did a red run! (totally did not intend to do so!)
Bad news: I crashed really bad, sliding into Stephen who was trying to catch me/stop me from sliding all the way down the hill. His ski hit me in the knee, and then he skiied over my arm. That was painful. But not as painful as the fall on the wooden ramp I went up to look over the area and find the tow line where we were to meet. I ended up with this:




We also enjoyed some REALLY GOOD FOOD at a little restaurant among the ski slopes. It was cool to just ski right up to it and have goulashsuppe (goulash soup that was AWESOME) and some pommes (fries) and SB had bratwurst and potatoes (bratkartoffel).


1 comments:

JBBGirl said...

I am glad to hear you had a better time! How fun! So Sorry about your arm! OWCH! That makes me hurt just seeing it! OOOHHH! Good thing he caught you from going down further! Glad it was a good time for you too!