Wednesday, February 20, 2008

THE JUDY'S!!!



Not many people know about the Judy's. They are a band from the 80s out of Pearland, Texas. Probably their most "famous" song is Guyana Punch. Some time ago my friend Shauna pointed me to a website where I could get on their mailing list. FINALLY, they released their cds and some merchandise. I ordered two of their cds (I had their ALBUMS in high school!) Moo and Washarama arrived today. Oh my gosh!!! I have been juking around and be boppin and singing since I ripped them out of the package!


Here is a bit of the press release:

The Judy's are one of Texas' most notable bands, earning critical and popular acclaim for their minimalistic, quirky alternative music and spectacular liveperformances. Originally hailing from Pearland, Texas, the band formed during their high school years and quickly rose to become one of thesouthwest region's top sell and crowd-drawing acts through the 1980's.

Washarama, The Judy's first full-length album is coupled with their Wonderful World of Appliances EP on CD, and The Moo Album CD includes bonus tracksfrom Judy's frontman David Bean's modomusic EP. Land of Plenty, the 1991 previously unreleased album by the late 1980's lineup of the band, is also finallybeing released in conjunction with the earlier recordings.

Wasted Talent Records is also excited to announce the opening of their online store which, in addition to carrying their CDs and vinyl recordings, offers fans various band memorabiliasuch as T-shirts, buttons and other paraphernalia. The website can be accessed at http://www.wastedtalentrecords.com/.For more information, please contact info@wastedtalentrecords.com.


Go have a listen and order if you like! :)

3 comments:

CG said...

I had no idea they were from Pearland! Greg got on a kick a while back, so I actually have a lot of these lyrics fresh in my head. Good times!

JBBGirl said...

Too funny! I can just see you now boppin' around the house! LOL! Nothing like songs that bring us back!

Amy J. said...

JJ LOVES the Judy's!! I shoulda thought to get him one of these CDs (he has the Washarama album) for Valentines Day. Oh well, maybe for St. Patricks Day...