Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Such n Such

So much to say...


My new job, which I started Tuesday, promises to be very much like my old job. Different unit, different people, but essentially the exact same job. I'm happy about that. I loved the other one, and hope to love this one as well. I was so tired all week just because I'm not use to the schedule, yet. Oh, and because I had a night meeting for Stephen's unit, a social type thing, but still...it was on my first day of work and was 7-9pm, and then I had to drive home in the rain. :( But I was driving my sweet new ride, so it was all fine.

Today I did some errands.
1-exchanged some shoes because the ones I got Monday were not as comfortable when I got them home as they were in the store. So, I went to Payless, and they did have some others, ones they didn't have Monday, but not in my size. The very nice lady called the store at the mall, and they held them for me.

2-went to the Farmers Mkt. It was a bit of a bust. No canteloupe, and that's what I really wanted. So I got 5 apples for $1. We'll see what I can whip up with those. (maybe going to try some applesauce).

3-got some coffee and a bagel at the littel coffee shop in town. It's supercute, about closet-sized, just two ladies in there going 90 to nothing with their gallons of milk, flavor syrups, whipped cream cans and coffee makers!

4-Going toward Manhattan, I stopped at the place we got the car to get the new radio put in. That took about 10 minutes, and then I moved on to
5-the mall. And that's where it all got crazy! It's been so long since I've been in a mall by myself with nothing but time. I got the shoes, and some $5 sunglasses! and then just looked around. I walked into the Merle Norman store. I really was just looking. But I ended up with a face full of makeup, after my complimentary steam facial, and walked out with just a couple of items.
So, I was going to show you a picture of the heavy make up the lady put on, but in finger-combing my hair, I captured a great shot of the RIDICULOUSNESS of this static electricity situation! Check it out!
and then here is the make up close up. It's a LOT of makeup!
that's about it for now. I wish you a happy/fun-filled/restful weekend! :)

0 comments: