Saturday, October 3, 2009

Seeing Red


I'd tell you I took this photo, but that'd be a lie. It is much better than any shot I could hope to get by running around the house trying to find the camera while this image vanished. So I don't even try. When I go to the back door to open or close the curtain, --that is to clothespin the sheet up or release the pin--I usually linger a few minutes. Just to watch the 1 billion crickets jump/fly in and out of the weeds and wildflowers, to scan the treeline for that bunny I saw our first week here, or to peer to the right to see if any other neighbors are out doing anything newsworthy. The last 3 or 4 times, I've seen at least one cardinal perched in a tree or flying tree to tree. I guess they are getting ready for the winter. As you probably already know, I am no fan of the bird species. But I can't help by smile every time I see that brilliant red against the dark green/yellowing leaves.


Photo credit:
Copyright: Mario Belanger (EOSF1) (23469)
Genre:
Animals
Medium: Color
Date Taken: 2008-10-18

0 comments: