Wednesday, October 17, 2007

COMPLETELY unprofessional.

I know that "kids today" and even old fogies like myself are using some email slang, not using proper punctuation, leaving out letters for faster IM and text capabilities. However, I received this email from someone in another office. Seriously.

if u are referering to a dd2875, the IASO cn sign block 22,and g2 security manager completes part III.
G8 should have its own IASO. if u don't have one yet, I cn sign block 22.

It takes only a fraction of a second longer to type "you" than u. U is not appropriate. Cn is not can. Referering? This is ridiculous.
And this person did not answer my question.

6 comments:

carrmomma said...

OMGYG2BK! LSHMBH! T+TTTT.
luv~kc

carrmomma said...

oh my god you've got 2 be kidding.
laughing so hard my belly hurts.
think positive - these things take time.
love you!

Amy J. said...

Totally unprofessional! Question - was this person using a crackberry or similar gadget when responding? If so, I MIGHT be able to see it, but still totally un-pro, IMHO (in my humble opinion)!!

CG said...

I wonder why they spelled out "are" and especially "one" since it has a legitimate one letter substitution, and then used cn for can?

I hope I never learn this language, although I'm pretty sure ex-English teacher hubby will never let that happen.

Medium Rare Please: said...

Sure won't!

You'd be amazed at how poorly the average chiropractic student's grammar is these days. I proofread a lot of papers around here!

Medium Rare Please: said...

Oh, how the irony hangs thick in the air. And I read that comment twice, just to be sure.