Friday, October 5, 2007

Putting things in perspective

A few posts back, I mentioned rather excitedly that we were GETTING A DOG!!! Well, turns out, we are not. And when I read the first line of the email, "I won't be needing a dog sitter afterall." I was disappointed. Then, I read, "My husband has been injured in Iraq. I'm not sure of the extent of it right now. But I know I won't be leaving for the States right now." My heart jumped into my throat and I just began to pray for Oreo's dad, and her mom. What must they be going through? I have emailed her a couple more times, just to let her know I'm thinking about her and praying for her husband's recovery. She has responded positively, thanking me for thinking of them.

We don't have a dog. But my husband is sitting beside me watching that annoying Sports Channel, flipping channels constantly, and I would never want it any other way. Please take just a minute to be thankful for what you have in your life. God is good.

Also, Hooptie is worse off than we were told. We will be a one car family again. So, until we find something else, we get to ride together all the time. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been in such a fowl mood lately. One of the blogs I read wanted us to list things we were thankful for (10 of 'em). I could only think of 3.
We Should count blessings every day.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I forgot to say, you shouldn't have named your car hooptie and you wouldn't be in this mess. You always talk nice to and about your car and they'll be good to you.

carrmomma said...

Trying not to cry for Oreo's mom and dad. It just makes me so so so sad.

Also, CG talks about counting blessing daily. I've been having the kids say something they are thankful for everynight at bedtime. Not material things. It makes a big difference. Even the 5 year old can think of things.
love you both ~kc

Ben said...

I am thankful for the group of people that, as the years strech out and turn into decades, keep me connected to who I was all of thoes years ago and in doing so, reminds me of who I want to be now.
And I am thankful that a skinny kid was welcomed with open arms into the circle of the greatest group of people in the entire world.

Thanks for who I am. I owe it all to you guys.

ben

CG said...

Thanks for this one, Heather. I needed it today :)