Saturday, May 10, 2008

JACKPOT!

A few times a year the garrison schedules a yard sale. ID card holders may put their stuff out, and buy/sell from one another. SO, I go to post today, and LOAD UP! Here is what I got:
1. golf bag for taking clubs on the plane (for SB, obviously)
2. insulated tote that slings over your shoulder, holds about a 6 pk (for golfing, but I'll use it, too)
3. insulated brown-lunch-sack-type bag for carrying lunch.
4. sturdy wire stand up rack (for the bathroom since there are no cabinets and our stuff is currently cluttering up the w/d and 1/2 wall).
5. 4 cassette tapes (Dirty Dancing, Woman in Red, 2 homemade w/ Faith Hill, John Michael Montgomery, Trish Yearwood and I think George Strait. If that's illegal, sorry. My car has a cassette player, and I'm tired of the Starlight Express and Restless Heart tapes I have).
6. 3 paperback books
7. AND, a treadmill! It doesn't plug in, you just walk on it. I wanted the one that plugs in, it was 220, but I just couldn't see $70 when I spent $15 on the stairclimber at the last yard sale that I've used exactly twice.

Grand total?? $33.50. Yep, THIRTY FIVE DOLLARS and FIFTY CENTS!
#1-4=$20; 5+6=$3.50; 7=$10

So I was feeling so lucky and rich that I went to the Woolworths when I got home and got a dress and some capris for 20euro. So, yeah, that's $31.50. Not such a super deal on that...but 's ok!

Going to do some yardwork...Happy Sunny Beautiful Saturday!!!! :)

2 comments:

JBBGirl said...

WOOO HOOOO! Nothing like getting a LOT for a LITTLE!!!!

Amy J. said...

Wow! Looks like you put your garage-saling-bargain-hunting friend JJ to shame! Congrats!