Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday funny

If you've never watched AFN (American Forces Network) television, let me give you a little background:

You can look at what is coming up on the menu channel. It shows now --> the next hour. It scrolls up, with the channel on the far left, and it's a grid with the times at the top and the shows in rows matching their channel. In each block there is the name of the show, and someone on the show, usually the person with the first name alphabetically. ie- American Idol: Paula Abdul.
OR it might be a description, ie- Extreme Engineering: Space Tower.

Sundays, one of the channels will broadcast religious programs for the first half of the day. This morning I saw:

Hour of Power: God. I'm not sure if that meant "starring God" or it's about God or what, but it made me giggle a little. :)

3 comments:

Amy J. said...

Why, that would be the Hour of Power - for God, by God, about God... Starring God Himself!

That is totally something that would have made me giggle too! Miss you!

Patty said...

This is the first time I've found a way (your link was on PW's blog) to ask someone this question. Why is it so important to say you are the first? Why is it so exciting? Why does it matter? I'm not making fun - I just wonder why it is so important to say that - I see it on other blogs and wonder why they waste time even saying that. Please don't be offended. I'm just curious. Please feel free to email me. Thanks for reading this comment. Patty in Tucson

Heather and Stephen said...

Hey Patty,
I don't see a way to email you, or a blog link, but I'm not at all offended, just sorry I didn't see this comment sooner. I've only ever seen it on PWs blog, but I think it is just because THOUSANDS of people comment on her blog (I mainly only do if there is a contest!) and I'm never there before a few hundred others. I don't know, I guess it's just a little silliness. Have a good day!