Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday home cookin'

okay, I am really going to try to get better about this. It seems I am now going weeks at a time without posting! sorry. Today's entry is about dinner. It was pretty darn good if I do say so myself. :) I'd put a picture, but we ate it all!

Mini meatloaves (recipe in the Stoneware inspirations book by Pampered Chef)
mashed potatoes
french cut green beans for SB, and peas for me

I am FULL FULL FULL! but a have a grin on my face because my husband asked for seconds, and I love that we had a home cooked meal that wasn't a "regular" that we both enjoyed.

I can't believe it is already June! almost MID JUNE! So, this time next year, we should be scheduling housing appts to ship our household goods! We had a Hail and Farewell dinner Friday night and I said, "these are quarterly, right?" SB said, "yes." I said, "so...four more and we're out!" :)

Lately I have been thinking of our 'just one more's. Just one more Christmas, just one more deployment - 72nd- just one more ski season :(, etc. In August we will start the "our lasts". I'm looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Kris said...

YEAH!!! I know Kimmy will be glad when you are back on our side of the ocean!!

We miss you!

Anonymous said...

We definitely are counting down like you are............we miss our Header and Stephen!!!!! When we get together we still talk about ole times. It's a lot more fun when you are with us though....
Love Ya............