Friday, June 13, 2008

Old(er) Friends

wow. I cannot believe we have been out of high school for TWENTY years. It has been mentioned here (and a lot IRL, and on email etc) that the 1988 AHS Reunion was last weekend, and I was having a hard time with missing it. Well, you will be happy to know...I'm over it!

SO many people have posted pictures to myspace and Facebook and I have had the chance to get in contact with a lot of people and just say hello, how are you, get a little update and give them one. It's been good. Dodie has been a military spouse for 18 yrs. Melissa is in the Army and heading soon for Iraq. Scott still remembers having a crush on Kabbage in 3rd grade. It was nice to make contact with Darby and Lynn and Travis, and Monica C-G who is moving to Ireland this summer. Paul F took so many good pictures and Lisa M set up the group myspace site. I could go on and on listing people who I barely recognized and some who look like they walked right out of the yearbook (with updated clothes and hairstyles!) . Just seeing those people who were part of my life "back in the day" made me giggle. Remember whens: Brian G exploded a pen all over Mary C's white shirt in 7th grade? Remember when Lisa W wrote in some yearbook...6th grade maybe? "It makes me giggle it makes me laugh to think you want my autograph". Jennifer J was in my girl scouts I think. Kelly C and Shannon P in jr high.

I will be at the 25 year, I hope there is a 25 year, to see those I haven't seen for all these years. But mostly I look forward to getting back to the states for a reunion of those who have been my lifelong friends THROUGHOUT the past 20+ years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OY! My new filtering software doesn't like your blog, either. It barks at you.

Even though I don't really care all that much. I'm curious. Send me a link for the group MySpace page.

Anonymous said...

please :)