Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's just a number on a calendar...







Happy TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO US!! :)

We had a very nice day. We talked on the phone during work here and there, got home, made dinner together, ate together, talked for about an hour about our days and general stuff before we ever turned the tv on. Then SB watched about an hour of a movie while I checked email and played on the computer. Then I went to lay down on the couch to watch the rest of the movie with him. About another 1/2 hr past and he said, "um...can I confess to something?" I said, "sure." He said, "I thought tomorrow was the 24th." My eyes grew wide and I realized I also didn't remember the day. We had both thought of it leading up to it, but then didn't realize on the actual day. I was a little bit sad and disappointed in us for not doing something to mark the big event, but I guess it just goes to show you...we're happy, no matter what day it is!

I did get him a card several months ago because I saw it, thought it was perfect and knew I better get it before I never saw it again! We're going to the Haus of Steaks in (stop) LAMPERTHEIM! Saturday to celebrate for real.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Facebook Freak said...

Hey guys...don't feel sad about forgetting your anniversary. Chris and I just celebrated our 22nd (on the 21st) and it seems we always forget...but one of us eventually says, "isn't today (or yesterday or last week) our anniversary?

Anyway, Happy Anniversary to you both! (PS-we got our airline tickets for October...will send details soon)

Amy J. said...

Okay, now I don't feel so bad! Just sent you an email about how I remembered on Monday, and forgot yesterday! At least I'm not the only one. I'm glad you're so happy you forgot! :-)

carrmomma said...

Happy anniversary good buddy. Sorry I forgot too.

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary!

JBBGirl said...

LOL! Don't feel bad we forgot our 3rd anniversary. We remembered it at the end of the day and both of us were trying to pretend we didn't forget. Then we both just started to laugh!! Sometimes life gets the best of us. We just get so used to each other and ever passing day it is easy to lose track of dates. You Wedding pics are beautiful and Happy Belated Anniversary to you both! HUGS!

JBBGirl said...

LOL! Don't feel bad we forgot our 3rd anniversary. We remembered it at the end of the day and both of us were trying to pretend we didn't forget. Then we both just started to laugh!! Sometimes life gets the best of us. We just get so used to each other and ever passing day it is easy to lose track of dates. You Wedding pics are beautiful and Happy Belated Anniversary to you both! HUGS!

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Kris said...

Happy Anniversary!

CG said...

Happy anniversary! We both nearly forgot our 6th this year, as it occurred while we were in Haiti visiting the boys. It's great when your marriage is so wonderful that you don't need an anniversary to take time and love each other- It's just an everyday thing!