Monday, June 23, 2008

New Perspective

Well...a few months ago, I posted this about the online social networking scene. As is my perogative, I have changed my mind! Since the AHS Class o '88 reunion, droves of people have signed on and become Facebook friends. We started on myspace, but truthfully, once you get use to it Facebook is far superior (in my opinion). You can see what your friends are saying to your other friends, you can "tag" a photo if you know who is in it so that others can be reminded who that person was 20 years ago, you can put messages for everyone to see or send a private one if you want to say a little more.
It is kind of like being in a room with all these people, everyone having their yearbook, scrapbooks, photo albums, etc out and looking through them, having conversations about the photos and times you remember. It's almost like I'm AT the reunion now!

But I'm not. I'm spending hours in front of my computer. Maybe still not the BEST way to spend my time...but certainly a good way to keep in touch.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Facebook doesn't make you feel like you're trying to be a teenager. I looked at my comment and realized I'd totally forgotten about that Snappville deal. Hmm, too many things to distract me.