Monday, June 23, 2008

LOVE how sometimes things just come together!

This morning, I got an email from KZ, from my old job in Austin saying that the vet called and said someone had called them to say they had my dog. She said she told them I was in Germany and my cousin had the dog. Well, I emailed my cousin Nikki, assuming they somehow just got the wrong dog and owner and someone else's dog was missing. But then thinking if Dude/Duke WAS missing, she and Jim and their kids B, A, and E were probably FRANTIC looking for him. So, I emailed her mom who I thought was probably at work. SURE enough, they were searching, Nance called her and told her about my email, and then Nik called the number KZ had given me.
Turns out, B had accidentally left the dog outside Friday and there was a storm. He is famous for hating storms. He broke out of the fence and a neighbor 3 blocks down had taken him in. Nik and family had put up flyers all over two neighborhoods and posted LOST notices on the neighborhood websites. When Dude/Duke had gotten out, he must have torn his new tag off the collar and only the old one remained. The wonderful neighbor called the number on the old tag, got the Austin vet, who called my old work # and that's where the story started.
Yaye for email, cell phone and mostly courteous kind people like the neighbor and KZ. Dude/Duke is now back safe and sound with his family. :)
You can see him in the slideshow on the right of family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he found his way home. Poor, scared (confused) Dude/Duke.

CG said...

Wow. Praise God for working all that out and getting him home safe!