Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Songs of Life

I just had to do it.
Put your iPod (or iRiver) on shuffle (unless it is an early version iPod, one that doesn’t have shuffle) and press next for each question. Write down the song that’s playing as an answer.

**disclaimer**-I didn’t actually do this with my iPod. I am at work, so I have AFN on the radio. Each time a song comes on I fill in a blank. Yeah, not working that hard…

1) How would you describe yourself?
Cruel Summer – Bananarama! (ok, anyone who knows me knows this is classic!!)

2) What do you like in a guy/girl?
Naughty Girl – Beyonce (I’m just doing what the radio says!)

3) What is your motto?
Nice to Know you – Incubus

4) What do your friends think of you?
Shadow of the Day – Linkin Park

5) What do you think about often?
Take a Bow – Rihanna (this one makes no sense)

6) What do your parents think of you?
Feels Like Tonight – Daughtry (nor does this one)

7) What do you think of your best friend?
I’m Gonna Be Alright – Jennifer Lopez

8) What do you think of the person you like?
Heaven Sent – Keyshia Cole (AMEN!)

9) What do you want to be when you grow up?
My Lovin’ (Never Gonna Get it) – EnVogue (???)

10) What do you think when you see the person you like?
Youth of the Nation – P.O.D. (I do not think this.)

11) What song will they play at your wedding?
“They” already played Here I Am – Billy Currington. But the radio predicts…
Throwing it all Away – Genisis

12) What will they play at your funeral?
New Soul (la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la) – Yael Naim (SWEAR I’m not making this up)

13) What is your hobby/interest?
Girl Next Door – Baby Jane

14) What is your biggest fear?
Breathe (2am) – Anna Nalick

15) What is your biggest secret?
Sweet Escape – Gwen Stefani w/ Akon

16) What do you think of your friends?
Wake me up before you Go-Go – WHAM!

17) What is your theme song?
(waiting for the radio commercial to be over…) I feel it all – Feist

18) What do you think of your family?
Steady as she goes – The Raconteurs

19) What is your best friend’s theme song?
Calling you – Blue October

20) What is your mood right now?
Goodbye to you – Michelle Branch (dedicated to the G8 I think, except I’m not sad!)

21) If your heart could talk what would it say?
I’m Yours – Jason Mraz

22) What do your co-workers think of you?
Sorry – Buckcherry

23) What does your future look like?
Peaceful World – John Mellencamp (that would be great!)

Tag your it!

ps- Kind of gives you an idea of what we listen to on AFN. I will often radio station surf in the car, but it isn’t feasible at work, and between songs I can tune out the talking if it is English. (Especially if it is that SAME STORY for the 100th time about AKO vs DKO email systems!) But if it is in German, it grates on my nerve.

Also, I had to look up the lyrics to many of these songs to #1 see who was singing it, and #2 see what it was really about. Interesting stuff.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now see, I was fixin' to tell you how impressed I was to see you knew the names to all that new music.

Noah has a myspace-like page on a site called faithfreaks. he uploaded a playlist and i have no idea who some of the bands he put on there are. we are supposed to be fixing it to contain christian rock music.

Heather and Stephen said...

hahaha, yeah, never heard of half those people! But perfect example, sandwiched there in the middle were Wham! and Genesis.
Where does he hear and know those bands?? Friends and whatnot?

Unknown said...

Hey! Long time no read...
I don't even know if I remember my username/password, but we'll see. In ref to your earlier post about who is reading so you can include them in a change, uh, hello...it's me! I'll have to copy this post to MySpace and post my answers for the kids there...I'm on my way to class now, so it will have to wait a bit. hugs, me

dwl said...

I don't know who google is, but I'll try logging in again with a different email account to see if it knows me as dwl!

hugs,
me

Heather and Stephen said...

I know who me is. :)