Friday, September 19, 2008

Has it been a week??

I guess it has. I have been wrapped up, even a world away, by the drama that was and still is Hurricane Ike. Daily updates via phone, email, facebook, blog, etc on my family and friends and their property, belongings and sanity in the wreckage and powerlessness.

The good news is that for the most part everyone I know is getting through it. The bad news is that many many have lost everything or an awful lot. Even those who have little or no damage are going on a week without electricity, and while our grandparents and theirs managed, it is stressful to deal with losing what you are accustomed to. I worry also about the many who are honest, hard working, regular people who hold hourly jobs. What happens when they can't work for a week or however long this persists because their place of business is closed?

I'm praying for rest above all. When you are not rested, the stress takes over and rational thought and decision making are harder to come by. When you are worn out, it is hard to see the good in any situation. Rest and peace in the hearts, minds and lives of these people, Lord, asking your blessing on the many.

0 comments: