Saturday, September 20, 2008

Lichtenfels Basket Festival!

Wow. I've never in my life seen more baskets! In fact, I've never seen more of anything! Well...except maybe Polish Pottery! :) Here are some pictures, and I'm off to rest my tired body! This giant basket is not 10 euro. The ones in it are.
They are dancing. To Footloose, Mr. Sandman and Timewarp (from Rocky Horror Picture Show!).

American Flag! and giant coffee cup/saucer. This was on top of a shop. There were several other country flags.



These apple collecting baskets are cool! You have the bottom clipped up and then when you want to dump your apples in the big wheelbarrow or whatever you don't even have to take it off your shoulder. Just unhook the strap!
Doggie basket!








Artisans doing their thing! I can't imagine how strong their hands must be.
A German outing never complete without a photo of some craziness. That is the man's beard! ????

2 comments:

carrmomma said...

Crazy beard. Cool baskets. Seems neat-o.

What did you buy?
love ~kc

Facebook Freak said...

Your pictures are always so great! This looks like a fun festival--love the modern furniture. And the thought of those girls dancing to "Timewarp" made me smile on this early Monday morning.

I want to know what you bought, too.

XOXO,
Mary