Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lasts.

Well...it has begun. The year of the lasts. Some of them are “Whew! That’s the LAST...” and some are “ That’s the laaaasst...” But all of them are signs that we are heading home inside of a year and that makes me smile.

In August, we both had our last unit organizational/family days. The 7th Signal Bde/72d Signal Bn one was the 15th, and the Garrison one was the 20th. That will be the laaaast one...

August 26 was Women’s Equality Day! The day women were given the right to vote (that should have been theirs all along!). This was Stephen’s LAST Women’s Equality Day event to plan and execute.

Last weekend will mark the end of our last August here, and Monday our last Labor Day.

So...since I had a few spare minutes on my hands at work today...I figured this out, using June 30 as my last day of work, and as our last day in Germany. So, give or take a few days.
Days left in Germany: 299--YES! under 300!--but remember, we are giving/taking a few days.
Work Days remaining: 206 (not counting any leave time)
Equal Opportunity Observances remaining: 7 (Stephen will not be responsible for all of these, only 2!)

The summer has almost gone, taking it's 5 days of really hot weather with it. However, I can't really pack up summer clothes since we'll use them next June/July. Pack? you say. Yes, pack. Yes, I'm already thinking about it.

0 comments: