Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sad Days in Mannheim...

Well...I have been avoiding this subject for a while. But here it is.
Saturday, August 9, our phone rang at 4:30 in the morning. Stephen had to go in his Class As to inform a wife with a 6 month old son (named Steven) that his father had been killed in Iraq.
Here is a link to the news story.
http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=63946&archive=true

This past weekend, the same battalion (different company) here in Mannheim lost another Soldier. The memorial is next week.

We had been here two years before we had a Soldier killed in action. And now we have had two in one month. It is not an easy thing, and I didn't know either of these young men. The FRSA at 28th Trans Bn has been in her job 3 months. I cannot imagine what she is going through. Her husband is also deployed.

Please keep these brave men and women, Soldiers and their Families in your prayers.

2 comments:

CG said...

I'm sorry, Heather.

Kris said...

That is so horrible! I am so sorry for you and Stephen..in my prayers!