Thursday, February 5, 2009

I've tried REALLY HARD

not to post about the election. I just don't want this to be a politically charged blog. It's not why we started it. We started it to keep our friends and family in our lives when we are so far away.

But this morning I saw this:

NY Elementary School Renamed After Barack Obama

I was kind of surprised, but not really. I'm thrilled we have come this far as a nation that we are able to elect an African American president. I wish it wasn't marked with an asterisk stating that this followed the worst approval rating for any president in history. We might have elected just about anyone to get as far away from GW as possible.

Am I saying he shouldn't be president? no. I'm saying he hasn't done anything but beat out the most disapproved of president ever. Maybe wait until he DOES something, right or wrong before you go taking away the legacy of a man who DID things.

Built in the 1920s, the Ludlum Elementary School was named after Dr. Charles Ludlum, a local physician who served on the school board for about 40 years.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that people have completely lost their minds when it come to Obama.
That's just wrong about the school name. Let's hope Obama eventually lives up to his hype to deserve that name change.