Monday, October 18, 2010

Call Day!

So...I hope this doesn't become a "he called today" blog. But Stephen called! (yesterday). It's been hard for him to call or email because he doesn't have his computer and he's been busy doing inventories and...well...killing mice. I guess there were a couple residing in his detention facility home and they've been taken care of.

Other than that, not much to report from Kirkuk. He says the food is good, it's about a 40 step walk to the port-o-let, or another 100 ft to a bank of showers and toilets. So, not the picture of modern convenience, but he said it's not bad. It's a 2 minute walk to the shack he works in from his living quarters, and a bus or humvee ride to the dining facility.

That's about it for his news, just busy, busy, busy.

I've been working, and keeping myself occupied after work with Army spouse stuff, rearranging our furniture, etc. Also, starting today, I'm Walk To Iraq and Back! (Figuratively)

3 comments:

Mabel said...

I'm excited about the WTIB program! It's just one more motivation to keep moving--I'm happy to be a part of it!

Stephen said...

If I started walking back from Iraq right now, we could all meet in Paris around the New Year!

HeatherRene said...

Hi Babe! Didn't know you commented! Don't know if you'll see this! But start walking and I'll see you there. :)