Sunday, April 22, 2007

Hail and Farewell




Most units have "Hail and Farewell" celebrations quarterly. This one (for the Garrison, Stephen's people) was Friday night, and really seemed more like MY people than his. Army Community Service falls under the Garrison, so there were many of ACS folks there to hail my friend, Marisa and farewell my friend Bernadette. You might remember that I met Marisa when I was volunteering as the Welcome Coordinator, and she was working at IACS,(Installation Access Control System) where you get your id scanned. The first day I went in to talk to Nancy about the position, and she said to me, "hey, can I ask you a fashion question?" I said sure, and we bonded over online shoe shopping! Now she is the Exceptional Family Member Program Coordinator at ACS.
I also met Bernadette when doing the Welcome Coordinating. She was acting Volunteer Coordinator, and I had to turn my paperwork in to her. I have taken Army Family Team Building (AFTB) I, II, and III from her, and will take the Instructor Training course just before she leaves. She was formerly the FRG Leader for 72nd Signal Battalion Charlie Company, and I have gotten to help her transition in the new leader there, Catherine (that is the battalion I work for now).
These are pics of Bernadette with her husband SGM White and their youngest daughter; Marisa and her husband, Kaeith; and me, Marisa and Bernadette.

0 comments: