Friday, April 27, 2007

Heard it through the grapevine...

I have not seen a rumor mill like this one in quite some time. Oh, of course, in a small office, or classroom or school setting, you would expect news (good or bad) to travel fast. But in a community of this size, (15,000 consisting of: Army active duty, 4,000; Air Force active duty, 200; Army family members, 6,484; Air Force family members, 197; civilian employees and family members, 3,266 and US military retirees, 727.--USAG Mannheim Garrison website) you would think it would take a while.
Nope. I went to the Days of Remembrance Observance Wednesday. As I walked up the stairs to the chapel, Stephen was walking out. "HEY, Have you heard from 2nd Signal?"
"um...hi...no." Remember 2nd Signal is where I interviewed for the secretary position. He hands me a crumpled sticky note with a phone number on it. "Call Ms. D*" She wants to know if you are going to accept the job offer."
WHAT?? I didn't get a job offer! Some of this conversation took place right then, some after the observance. To make a long story short...
Rebecca, from 7th Signal Brigade knew, Bernadette, from ACS heard, Marisa's kid's karate teacher knew...I mean, it was all over the place!

And I STILL don't actually have a job offer from Civilian Personnel. So...I don't have it yet...But it's LOOKING GOOD!! :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

I hope you get it!

Kris said...

That sounds pretty darn promising will say a prayer this rumor mill is RIGHT ON!!!!