Monday, April 30, 2007

And there you have it.

Email from H/R person at 2nd Signal (where I interviewed)

Hello Heather, this afternoon we finally received a detailed response from the servicing CPAC Team supervisor on this issue. No, you should not contact the CPAC because they are responsible for working this action. It appears that the CPOC has indicated that you are no longer eligible for the Secretary position, based on your acceptance of job offer on 20 Feb 07. We were very sad to hear this information. My boss had me following up on this issue most of the afternoon. Originally when the list was issued back in January, you were MSP eligible, but the command group just began setting up interviews about 2 weeks ago.

I'm pretty irritated. One, because I SPECIFICALLY ASKED CPAC about this before I interviewed, whether or not I would be able to take it if offered. They said they were unable to advise me. I wouldn't have wasted my time and 2nd Signal's if they had told me this from the beginning. Two, why did 2nd wait so long to do the interviews? I'd have HAD it if they would have scheduled interviews sooner. Three, WHY did I get my hopes up? I knew better.

BUT...the important thing is that I have a job, and it isn't as demanding as the other one would have been. I'm not going to let this get me down. This must just be where I belong. And that's ok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And there you go. Being where you're supposed to be, isn't always were YOU thought you'd be.

Kris said...

I know God has HUGE plans for you where you are! They just don't know what there missing!

Kim said...

God has big plans for you.. all in his time.