Friday, April 13, 2007

Next Wednesday

I have an interview. You might be saying: "whaaaat? Didn't she just start that job?" Yes, yes I did. But now, the brigade with whom I applied for a position before this one (made the interview list JANUARY 19) has called me for an interview.

It is true I am thankful to have this job. So if the new possibility does not pan out, that's not a problem. But I would truly LOVE to have it. It is a higher paying job, for one. Secondly, I don't DO a whole heckuva lot over here. Our unit will not deploy for many months, so their need for me is pretty low. No one is interested in participating in a Readiness group because they are not getting ready right now. Lastly, the brigade position would be full time and permanent. This one is term, not to exceed Sept 2008. That's almost a full year before we are scheduled to leave here, so I would be looking again when it ended if it were not to be extended.

So...we'll see what we see next Wednesday...

0 comments: