Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Regarding Sonic

I posted the Come Back to Texas video here and also a link on my Fantasy Football site. Everyone either commented about Blue Bell or Sonic or both. That is too funny to me.
Here is the Wilkopedia information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Drive-In
a very interesting read.

and it started in Oklahoma! How about that?! Maybe Oklahoma doesn't suck as bad as I thought. I only know of 2 good things that came out of OK. Sonic, and Michael L! :)

What is your favorite thing about Sonic? I'm going to tell you a few of mine:
School Burritos. They don't have them anymore, but they use to have those wonderful deep fried burritos, and they'd put chili and cheese and onions as you wished.

Tater Tots and chocolate frosty. GROSS! Stacey use to eat this all the time. One time I specifically remember, we (CGB, Tres, Mandy, Space and me) were going to Green Tea to look at Christmas lights and went to Sonic first. She got these and dipped the tots in the frozen chocolate ice cream!

Also Stacey, being off from Weiners Friday nights and coming in anyway to visit us. With a Sonic cup of liquor! She had a "tower of Sonic cups" in her bedroom that reached almost to the ceiling!

KC and I were on a "boy trouble"(I think) binge, and we drove around getting our favorites: Taco Bell Nacho Bell Grande (no tomatoes on mine, but put them on hers and don't charge anyone 60 cents extra!!) Chocolate milk from the 7-11 and Sonic Onion Rings! Man, we were sick that night! I LOVE THOSE ORs!

My brother worked there in high school.

585-8245. We called in the order many, many times, and it was about 2 minutes driveway to drive in!

Cherry Limeades! yum!

and something I had forgotten and read about on the Wilkopedia, remember those little plastic animals they use to have on the drinks?!

OH I LOVE ME SOME SONIC!!!

5 comments:

carrmomma said...

I had totally forgotten about those little plastic animals!!! I do completely remember them! And funny how wiki said that it was a popular place for teenagers in small towns to hang out? I was never allowed, but I remember tat lots of teenagers in Alvin hung out there. How 'bout some service at the speed of sound. Very clever.

And who is Michael L?

carrmomma said...

Oh, and calling in the order. MILLIONS of times. My pop would have a #1 (which they don't call it anymore) with jalepenos. Those were the days.

dwl said...

Regarding numbered ordering...On my first visit since they dropped ordering condiments by number, I ordered a #2 w/cheese, fries and 44 ouncer and was asked if I wanted mustard or mayo. I'm sure my tone was of the very-put-out-by-such-a-ridiculous-question variety "I SAID NUMBER TWO...MUSTARD!" and starting reading the menu for the first time in a decade or more...oh, numbers are for value meals now, oops.

Heather and Stephen said...

yeah, I was irritated with the number/condiment relationship change. Michael L. Former boss!

Anonymous said...

How funny, yes I remember the little plastic animals........loved the monkeys the best