Saturday, October 18, 2008

YAYE TOES!






One of the things on my "list of things I miss most about America" is pedicures. I went for one at the nail place near post once and was horrified when the lady dunked my feet in a home foot spa thing (yeah, the kind from Walgrees or Walmart or whatever) with some luke warm water. She didn't even plug it in for some bubbles. After a few minutes (when the water turned COLD) she dried them off and brushed some polish on. THAT WAS IT. So sad. I asked around and was told that was pretty much the case everywhere.

Well, someone got smart! Two streetcar stops up from post there is now "Beautiful Nails". This morning, my friend Marisa, her son and her sister who is in town visiting went to pedicures and manicures! Not the little boy, just the ladies! There were 3 Mannheim High students in there getting their nails done, tonight is Homecoming.


After we got our treatments, we walked downtown, around the watertower and then did some shopping and went to the market. I love the way the water looked today. The sun was shining off the waterfalls, it looked almost like cling wrap. and the ivy that covers the walkways had turned brilliant red. beautiful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

noooooooooooooooooooooooo. no no no. your feet are going to fall off.

Kim said...

The water does look like saran wrap! Very cool.