Sunday, September 13, 2009

"That" Room

There are technically three bedrooms in the house. I don't know if there is some contractor/home builder dictionary that has a definition of "bedroom" but I think it should be some kind of illegal to call a room that is maybe 9'x9' a bedroom. If you lay a queen sized air mattress on the floor in there, you can barely open the door to the room and/or closet, nevermind getting any other furniture in there. Like a dresser, desk or bookshelf. I know a child's room would have a twin, or twin bunk beds, but still...

So, it has become that room. "Where should we put __________?"
"I don't know. Just put it in that room."
Right now it has boxes of books, photos, miscellaneous stuff I think I need to save, look at, keep for that one day when I might need/want it. I plan to spend some time next week organizing (downsizing) that kind of stuff.

I took about an hour and a half out of Sunday football to shelve books. They are not all shelved, but the bookshelf we put in there is full. I need to move some boxes around and put the other bookshelf in there. Tomorrow. Today I still have one more football game to watch. That room can wait.

1 comments:

Amy J. said...

Oh yes, we have "that" room too, even 4.5 months after we moved in, but now we call it "the office". No one has ever officed in there since we moved in though (except several still-unpacked boxes...)