Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day Fourteen - a NonFiction Book

As I've mentioned, I prefer nonfiction 9 times out of 10. I've recently read:

Bossypants by Tina Fey (hilarious)
A Stolen Life: A Memoir by Jaycee Dugar (her kidnapping and years spent in captivity-horrifying)
Secrets in the Cellar by John Glatt (about the Austrian man who kept his daughter in the cellar and fathered 7 children with her--also horrifying)
Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe (great, so far)

Stories is fantastic. I love it. It's ridiculous. And I have about a half a mind to launch an investigation into Rob Lowe's life to see if it is all really true. Seriously. Read it. After reading the horrifying ones, it is a nice getaway from those atrocities. At the same time, it really brings you to the hard realization that some people get amazing breaks (not that he didn't work hard or have his share of bad days) and ridiculous coincidences and chance meetings, while others live tragedies you could never imagine in a million years.

I'm not even a quarter of the way through the book, but I'm lovin' it so far. I bought it on the kindle. I suggest you buy the actual book. Because this would look nice on any bedside table. He's hot.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://soundcloud.com/user617591907/premium-rush-movie-2012 - Premium Rush Movie Download 1080p, Download Premium Rush Movie Movie HDRip, Premium Rush Movie Film Full Download 4897,