Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day Thirteen - A Fictional Book

Well, hell. I was going to say The Poisonwood Bible, but I already put that for my favorite book. That's not cool asking so many book questions! (and a quick look ahead to tomorrow's topic informs me I'll be having to come up with YET ANOTHER title tomorrow!)

hhhmmmm...
As I mentioned when discussing literature the first time, there are several books on my "like" list, and I've been reading quite a bit this year. Not devouring books constantly, but at least reading one per month to discuss with the book club. Then, I take a look at the suggestions from Amazon based on my recent purchases and that usually yields another one or two I'm interested in, or I go off the recommendations of friends.
Here are some fictional books we've read:
Virgin of the Small Plains by Nancy Pickard
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
The Room by Emma Donaghue
There are more, but I can't remember the titles. That's why this post was held back a day because I was going to look into it. But I'm not. I really enjoyed Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. I would definitely recommend it to a friend. I'm recommending it to you! :)


0 comments: