Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day Ten - A Photo Of You Taken Over 10 years Ago

When I first saw this I thought, "oh, a childhood photo." Turns out, I was already over 30 ten years ago! I don't care. I still like this picture and still plan to use it.


I found it in November after my Uncle Dale passed away when we were going through stacks of pictures at my Aunt Paulette's house.

This is so typical of my childhood summers. We are at the beach hanging out under the awning of my grandparents' little trailer. Good times.

Only one thing disturbs me about this photo. See those legs that go on forever? See how at 10 or 11 or however old I am here I already have a little hourglass waistline going? Yet I totally remember thinking I looked fat wearing this swimsuit.

What I wouldn't give now to have that much room on either side between me and the arms of the lawn chair.

0 comments: